- Q: Will the Silver Tarnish?A: No, as long as the specially formulated basecoats and topcoats supplied by JEMA are used.
- Q: Does JEMA finish any products?
A: No, we only sell the coatings, chemicals and processes for companies to incorporate into their own manufacturing operations. We are not a job shop.
However, in order to custom formulate our coatings for each of our customer‰s individual needs, we will metallize a sample piece free of charge.
- Q: Can I metallize only 1 piece?
A: Theoretically, yes. However, our products and processes are designed for commercial manufacturing operations only. We are not a supplier for the hobbyist or home craft markets.
- Q: What is major difference between silver spray metallizing and using metallic paint?
A: There is a considerable difference in both appearance (especially shine/brilliance) and feel when comparing real metal to paint. The silver finish is also much more durable and will not fade over time. However, there is little difference in price when comparing a typical spray painting process to a silver spray process.
- Q: Does the silver finish provide electrical conductivity?
A: Yes, ‹silveringŠ does provide a conductive layer on non-metallic surfaces. However, our formulating is targeted towards decorating, not electroplating, and we can not provide any assistance on the use of our silver for this purpose.